Creating an app might look like the most complex journey, but rest assured it isn’t. Getting users to hit the “Install” button can be challenging.
You didn’t go through the rigorous development and deployment process just for your app to sit pretty; how do you get the needed downloads?
According to Marketing Charts, most people discover new apps by browsing app stores. That’s great—now you know it can be found once your app is on the app store.
However, Statista confirmed in 2021 that over 2.9 million apps are available on the Google Play Store and 4.75 million on the Apple Store.
So, how do you ensure users download your app and not your competitors’? And how do you ensure your app ranks on the top 10 results when a user searches?
This is a major headache for most businesses, so we got our expert to discuss it. He recently improved a client’s category ranking from number 84 to number 6 in a month and which influenced downloads by over 300%. Safe to say he knows a thing or more about this.
Did you know that: Increase in ranking ⇄ Increase in downloads?
Your ranking on app stores significantly impacts how many organic downloads you get. Here are six steps to increase your app ranking fast and get the visibility your app needs.
How to Increase App Ranking in Play Store Fast!
1. Concise and Attractive App Title
Just as your name calls you, your product will be referred to by its name on the app store. Therefore, you want to use an attractive name on the app, so your app can easily stick in people’s heads.
A good name is a memorable one. Here are the things you should look for when choosing your app title;
- Do not use an existing app name on the app store. Conduct thorough research before settling on a title.
- Ensure your app name reflects what your app does. You don’t want potential users to scroll past your app when looking for something to fit their needs.
- Always add a keyword to your app title. It’s beneficial for ranking and the users.
- Keep your app name short and attractive. Users should be able to remember your title easily.
- There is a character limit of 30 characters; make sure you use it generously.
2. A Compelling Description
For Google Play Store, your description is a significant factor for ranking; hence it should be well-thought-out and creatively written to attract downloads. Take note of these when writing your App description:
- Your app description should highlight the features of your app and how it can help the users.
- It must include your keywords and every related keyword you can come up with. However, be careful to avoid keyword stuffing.
- Ensure the first 100 characters are catchy; your target audience will see this before deciding to read more.
The character limit for app description is 4000 characters; use it wisely.
Recommended Post: Benefits of using Gamification for Customer Engagement
3. Memorable App Icon
For your Icon to be memorable, it must catch the user’s eyes and stand out. Here are things to watch for when designing your app icon;
- Keep your icon simple
- Use the Apple human interface guidelines and Google’s material design when creating your app icon; this will keep you updated with the design standards.
- Conduct A/B testing to identify the best icon for your app.
- Make sure there is a design option for both Light and Dark backgrounds
- Ensure your icon is unique.
4. Quality Screenshots/Videos
This is the part you shouldn’t get wrong. While screenshots don’t improve your ranking, it boosts your conversion rate significantly.
Many times, the visual is usually the deciding factor for users to download your app; let your screenshots and intro videos tell a story. Here are things you should consider when creating your visuals;
- Make sure the design focuses on the app elements
- Always include descriptive text in the design
- Add relevant keywords to the descriptive text
- Ensure the first two screenshots are the best. Most users only look at the first two.
Many new apps are discovered through app store search results. To make your app discoverable through search, you need to meet your customers where they are.
The trick to high ranking is not only in finding the best keywords but in your ability to pick those which generate the highest number of combinations of relevant, high-volume, and low-competition long-tail phrases.
Keyword research is a significant factor in improving your app ranking. Therefore, research the most relevant keywords for your niche, list them and use them in your title, description, and keyword field.
To make your research easy, you can use tools like AppTweak, App Radar, and Appkeywords.io.
6. Reviews & Ratings
Getting good reviews and ratings is a surefire way to improve your rankings on the app store. Ratings and reviews are significant factors the app stores use to rank organic searches, while potential users will also look at other customers’ experiences and feedback.
Therefore, ask your users for ratings and reviews occasionally. You can do this with push notifications or pop up sometimes. Also, always respond to users’ reviews, either positive or negative; you must give feedback.
How you advertise your app once it’s deployed is crucial to its success, and App Store Optimisation [ASO] is a massive part of that. While trying to increase your app install ranking with the strategies above, don’t focus on satisfying the Googlebot or Apple bot only; remember to keep your target audience’s preferences in mind.
Are there more strategies to improve your ranking besides those listed above? Definitely. However, implementing the above-listed tips will give you a better head start than 95% of app developers in the market, and your app will get ranked fast!
Our team of experienced ASO specialists has the expertise to help your app stand out in a crowded marketplace. We use various techniques to optimize your app listing, including keyword research, competitor analysis, and A/B testing to identify the most effective strategies for improving your app’s ranking and driving organic installs.
Please feel free to consult us for more ASO strategies to help increase your app ranking and improve downloads – let’s talk.
Recommended Case Study – PayDay