Maximising Revenue: A FoodCourt Sales Optimization Case Study
At FoodCourt, a food delivery app operating in Lagos Island and its environs, we acquired 30,000 new registered customers and generated 62,000 new app installs. Additionally, we received 107,875 new orders within 60 days.
|↑ 20% MOM increase in customer registration||↑ 50% MOM increase in app installs.||↑ 34.63% MOM increase in unique orders.||↑ 42.96% $455,000 in sales up 42.96% (Nov 2022)||↑ 40.47% 6,644 MAUs 40.47% MOM increase.|
Who is FoodCourt?
FoodCourt (CoKitchen) is Africa’s leading virtual restaurant company, founded in Nigeria by Henry Nneji and Paul Adokiye Iruene. Through the FoodCourt app, people can order from a selection of virtual restaurant brands and shops focused on popular food and convenience categories, no matter where they are in Lagos, Nigeria. The app currently features 9 restaurants for food and drinks, as well as a shop section for snacks, alcohol, and home essentials.
- Expand FoodCourt’s reach within operating areas (Lekki, Victoria Island, Ikoyi, VGC & Marina) while increasing profitability margins.
- Acquire new audiences via new channels, and increasing retention by driving repeated purchases from existing customers through the website, emails, push notifications, and in-app messaging.
- Launch a referral & Valentine campaign to drive brand adoption and generate revenue.
- Increase business revenue by 28%.
- Establish authority and presence in the data market.
- Increase customer acquisition, activation, and revenue by 25%.
- Drive high-intent traffic that will convert to users.
- Target high-intent audiences interested in deriving value from online engagement.
- Achieve a 30-day user retention rate of 20%.
Here are some of our achievements:
We increased FoodCourt app installs by 50% month over month, and decreased the cost per customer acquisition by 20% while lowering spend by 30% in Q1 2023. By utilizing Facebook, Google UAC, and Snapchat ads, FoodCourt has maintained a steady influx of app installs, registrations and orders week over week due to ongoing App store optimization. The FoodCourt App has maintained a top 5 position on the Google and iOS Store while surpassing industry benchmarks for app retention.
MOM increase in customer registration
MOM increase in app installs.
MOM increase in unique orders.
$455,000 in sales up 42.96% (Nov 2022)
6,644 MAUs 40.47% MOM increase.
- Product-led growth strategy.
- Campaign launch plan and execution.
- Branding strategy guidance.
- Paid performance (Social Media, SEM)
- Content strategy and SEO
- App Store Optimization
- Audience hyper-targeting
- Email Marketing
- Tech Stack Implementation
Better Together X Love In a Bowl
We created a referral campaign for the FoodCourt app that explains how the referral program works and encourages new and existing users to participate. This campaign uses captivating videos, creatives, and copy to effectively communicate with the target audience and customers of the FoodCourt app. The objectives of this referral campaign were to increase brand awareness, activate new and existing users, and boost revenue by increasing the conversation rate at the top of the funnel. The key messaging of the campaign is “Better together with FoodCourt” and “Plug your tribe to FoodCourt”
Here are some images that launched the #BetterTogether campaign:
Love in a Bowl
In February, we launched the ‘Love in a Bowl’ campaign to celebrate Valentine’s Day. The campaign aimed to help customers show their love for their loved ones by treating them to a special menu from FoodCourt App. The menu was curated with love and inspired by some of the greatest Nigerian love songs.
The limited-time menu featured popular dishes such as The Last last breakfast Love Nwantiti lunch & Mad over you dessert.
WORD ON THE STREETS
Don’t just take our word for it; hear it from them 👀